Group will amend document

The Board of Governance Constitution may see some changes this semester in order to improve student government, chief of staff Sarita Fritzler said at Tuesday's meeting.

In the group's first meeting of the semester, revising the document was the primary focus.

In order to refresh the board, student body president Kim Hodges said this semester members would "take [the constitution] apart piece by piece." The constitution includes the jobs and job descriptions of the board. The board will do evaluations and review, correct and update the document.

Once members have made the necessary corrections, the document will be presented to the Constitutional Review Committee for approval. BOG must then consent to the changes made by the review committee.

These changes are the board's attempt to improve the student government by trying to ensure that the executives and commissioners are getting their jobs done, Fritzler said.

In other BOG news:

u The First-Year Formal will be held on Jan. 26 from 9 p.m. to midnight. The dance is called Moonlight Masquerade and will be held in Haggar Parlor. Tickets are $10 per person and $15 per couple, and will be on sale in the Student Center during lunch and dinner hours.

u Hodges also announced that Heritage Week will be from Jan. 21-25. On Jan. 22, "History of Times," which is a lecture about how major historical events have impacted the college. On Jan. 23, there will be a surprise by the Student Activity Board. Breakfast will be served in Reignbeaux Lounge on Jan. 24. On Jan. 25, there will be tours of Reidinger House and Heritage House. A sock hop will also be held that night from 9-11 with an ice cream bar in Student Lounge.

u Student Activities Board will have breakfast in Le Mans at 7 a.m. on Thursday, SAB president Cassie Callon said.

u Cassie Quaglia, president of the Residence Hall Association, said Saint Mary's all-school formal will be held Feb. 2 at the Palais Royale in downtown South Bend. Tickets are on sale in Reignbeaux Lounge from 4 p.m. to 6 and 8 p.m. to 10 starting today. It is $10 per person and $20 for a couple.

u A community Mass will be held at 4:15 p.m. Sunday in honor of Blessed Father Anthony Moreau at The Church of Loretto, said Mary Frantz, missions commissioner. College President Carol Ann Mooney will attend, and it will be the only Mass held on Saint Mary's campus Sunday.