ND Women's Track and Field: Team faces challenge at IU Relays

One week after staging a comeback in the final two events of the Notre Dame Invitational to salvage a tie with Michigan State, the Irish will compete in the biggest meet so far this season, the Indiana Relays at Indiana University Bloomington.

"This weekend's competition will be a step up from previous meets," Irish coach Tim Connelly said.

The Irish will compete with 20 other teams including No. 22 Indiana and fellow Big East opponents Marquette and Cincinnati.

The Irish posted a solid performance in last week's meet. However, Connelly is not completely satisfied.

"We still have a very long way to go to be at full strength and be close to our full potential," Connelly said. "The big focus for us this weekend will be to continue to improve and compete well against tough competition."

Anna Weber had a career-high throw in the weight throw and a season best time for the 400-meter relay team, The Irish made great strides last week as Anna Weber threw a career-high 18.88 meters in the weight throw and the Irish 400-meter relay team finished with a season high time of 3:52.61. Notre Dame set several more Big East qualifying marks and Weber's throw was enough to qualify her for an NCAA bid.

The Irish will look to keep this momentum going as they head on the road for the first time this season.