Parietals not an issue

Mr. Meehan, I do not find humor in your sarcastic article about extending the hours of parietals. As an upstanding member of the Notre Dame community, I will tell you right now that the only times I have sex are during the week, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 12:00 AM. I find it appalling and frankly, frustrating that you would even consider restricting my hours of commingling with others. Parietals simply do not affect me because, like you actually pointed out in your essay (effectively refuting your point, if I might add), "students either ignore parietals, or they merely work around them, committing the sin earlier in the evening instead".

Now, you have simply put me in a tough position, as a Catholic citizen, who drinks too much, has premarital sex with countless women, supports gay rights, abortion and social interaction with the opposite sex, I cannot possibly attend this school any longer. You can expect my letter requesting the release of my transcripts on your desk, hopefully to be forwarded to the Pope for my condemnation to hell.

But before I leave, I would like to let you know, I have never made fun of someone for going to mass - not because the student population attends mass, but rather because I am mature enough to realize people, at some point in their lives should have the right to make their own decisions about how to lead their lives. I hope at some time, you understand that. America promotes freedom and general autonomy. Stop listening to your mother and make decisions for yourself. And by the way, when you do get there, wrap it up.

Sincerely,

Progressive Society

Robby SchodersophomoreKeough HallApril 21