Catch the Show 2008

Tickets are on sale for The Show, the opening on-campus concert of the 2008-2009 academic year. The Show 2008 Committee has invited hitmakers Good Charlotte and upcoming act The Cool Kids to play this Friday, August 29th at 8:00 p.m. at the Joyce Center.

The Cool Kids, composed of Antoine "Mikey Rocks" Reed and Evan "Chuck Inglish" Ingersoll, is a hip-hop duo based out of Chicago and Detroit. Like a lot of bands in the post-Napster era, The Cool Kids' popularity grew thanks to their page on Myspace.com. The duo has played at festivals such as Lollapalooza and Austin's South by Southwest, as well as opening for acts like M.I.A. Their latest album, "The Bake Sale EP," was released in May and is available on iTunes, and their debut, "When Fish Ride Bicycles," is due to be re-released later this year.

Headlining The Show 2008 is pop-punk outfit Good Charlotte. Originally founded in 1996 and led by twin brothers Joel and Benji Madden, Good Charlotte's hits include "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous," "I Don't Wanna Be In Love (Dance Floor Anthem)" and "Girls and Boys." Their 2002 album "The Young and the Hopeless" eventually went triple platinum, selling over 3 million copies. The band's fourth and most recent album, "Good Morning Revival," debuted in the top ten on U.S. charts.

The Madden brothers might be best known in the tabloids for their high-profile romances - Joel and actress Nicole Richie are currently raising a daughter, Harlow, and Benji and Paris Hilton are still going strong - but the group's appearance at The Show will highlight the best of their musical library.

The Show is often one of the school year's highest-profile concerts. In previous years, the Show has played host to Common, Cake, Third Eye Blind and Jason Mraz among others. The Show is exclusive to students at Notre Dame, Saint Mary's and Holy Cross, and promises to be a solid night of entertainment.

Notre Dame students can purchase tickets online, and Saint Mary's and Holy Cross students can purchase them at their respective Student Activities offices. Tickets are $10.