COR: Census likely to be out Sun.

The student census will hopefully be distributed to the student body on Sunday, student body president Bob Reish announced at Tuesday's Council of Representatives (COR) meeting.

Faculty members from the marketing department are currently reviewing the census to make sure that there are no biased questions, he said.

One question on the census will be dedicated to finding out what students think about football pep rallies, Reish said.

The state of the pep rallies was also discussed at COR in regard to Sorin College's boycott of Friday's pep rally.

Hall Presidents Council (HPC) co-chair Phil Krichner said he is going to bring up the boycott at both Tuesday night's HPC cabinet meeting and with Sorin president Aidan McKiernan.

"There are a whole lot of mitigating factors [in pep rally planning,]" Krichner said.

There are many different constituencies that have a role in planning a pep rally, he said. He cited HPC, the football team, the band, the Alumni Association, the Joyce Center, the ushers and NDSP as having roles in the planning.

HPC is responsible for planning the portion of the pep rally before Chuck Lennon, the executive director of the Alumni Association enters. This portion of the pep rally was praised by COR members.

"[The time] before Chuck Lennon has been awesome this year," CCC President John Burke said.

Reish also said he and student body vice president Grant Schmidt will present an in-depth report at the next Board of Trustees meeting in February on the relationship between the student body, NDSP and the South Bend Police Department.

He said that he will solicit advice from COR members throughout his preparations for the presentation.

In other COR news:

u The Off-Campus Council is sponsoring two block parties this weekend to encourage students to get to know their neighbors.

The first block party will be held on Friday from 4-7 p.m. at the Lafayette Apartment complex. It will feature free food and a live band.

This weekend's second block party will be held on Sunday from 3-6 p.m. in the field behind Corby Row. Neighbors on Notre Dame Ave. and Corby Blvd. will be invited.

"We're hoping to get a couple more neighbors out," Off-Campus President Billy Lyman said. The Off-Campus Council will canvass some of the area neighborhoods to inform residents of the block parties, according to Lyman.