Theatre group seeks funds for trip

Thespians Unplugged have been given the chance to display their talents at the American College Theater Festival (ACTF) in Saginaw, Mich., Annaliese Furman, president of the club, said during Wednesday night's Board of Governance (BOG) meeting.

The group was seeking funding for the trip.

"This festival is very helpful. In the past two years, we have seen two productions that we brought back to campus," Furman said. The festival will have competitions, workshops, and productions for students to view.

Nine students will be attending the event, including three seniors who will be presenting their work and two other underclassmen that will be performing.

The festival is also an opportunity for the students to network.

"One student who has gone in the past has gone on to graduate school because of contacts she made at this festival," Furman said.

The event will take place over Christmas break.

Student Body President Mickey Gruscinski also addressed the lack of respect during meetings.

"There have been side conversations while other people have been talking and this is disrespectful," Gruscinski said.

She did acknowledge that during this meeting it was not an issue, however it has been during weeks past.

In other BOG news:

uElections commissioner Francesca Johnson could not be present at the meeting, and secretary Jenny Hoffman presented her proposal in her place. Their proposal will move back the election dates for campaigning and voting on student government positions to the month of February. The proposal was passed unanimously.

uThe Constitution Board has almost finished drafting the new constitution, student body vice president Sarah Falvey said. She hopes to present it to BOG by the end of January and then once it passes there; it will be brought to the student body to be voted on.

uWomen's issues commissioner Becki Faunce announced that the SMC Monologues will be produced for the fifth time on campus next semester. The SMC Monologues are a collection of anonymous submissions from women on campus. The SMC Monologues will be asking for submissions after Christmas Break.

u To-go Mugs are still being sold in the Student Center Atrium during the 12 Days of Christmas craft show on Friday, Falvey said. Mugs will be one for $8 or two for $15, and can be used to carry drinks out of the Noble Family Dining Hall.