Keenan Revue tickets being distributed today

Tickets for one of Notre Dame's most notorious sketch comedy shows, the Keenan Revue, will be distributed today. Last year's allotted tickets were snapped up in 20 minutes.Revue director Danny Wheeland said he is very excited about this year's show, which has a superhero theme.Those seeking coveted Revue tickets should "come early," he said. "They're usually gone very, very fast."About 100 men from Keenan are participating in "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Keenan Revue!" on all levels - writing, acting, working back stage and composing music."Superheroes are very in right now," Wheeland said, citing popular movies like "The Dark Knight" and "Iron Man" as inspiration for the theme. "It gives a lot of options for skit ideas and cool artwork in terms of production, programs, T-shirts and posters," he said. Besides the usual du Lac-mocking, the Revue will present new content, featuring some songs that are "a little different from what we've usually done," Wheeland said.He said the show will also feature some "useful" advice."There will be some great pick-up lines that you can maybe use in your real life," Wheeland said.When pressed for detail about the show's content, Wheeland wouldn't give anything specific away. "There's a lot of social commentary ... some very highbrow stuff," he said, sarcastically. "It's going to be a very funny show - there is a good mix of material that is specific to Notre Dame and broad humor that pulls on pop culture references and slapstick comedy," Wheeland said. "It's such a broad range that everyone will find something to like."The Keenan Revue, in its 33rd year, is the Hall's signature event and one of the biggest dorm-run events. Material for the final show, which will be performed Feb. 5-7 at O'Laughlin Auditorium at Saint Mary's, is still being finalized. Revue tickets will be distributed between 5 p.m. and 7 today at the Joyce Center box office. Wheeland said the exact number of tickets available for Notre Dame students depends on the amount left over from the Saint Mary's distribution, as well as the number reserved for residents of Keenan to distribute.