Playlist for St. Patty's Day

Obviously, Notre Dame is the No. 1 place to be if you want to celebrate anything Irish. So here's some music to help set the St. Patrick's Day mood for you."Johnny Tarr" - Gaelic StormThis music defines the Irish pub song. And we all know how the Irish feel about pubs. "Where the Streets Have No Name" - U2U2 is the single most-grossing Irish band of all time, so they should be on any St. Patrick's Day soundtrack. According to some sources, this song is a subtle tribute to Ireland. "Come On Eileen" - Dexy's Midnight RunnersThe Celtic-style fiddle in this classic song carries listeners back to the Emerald Isle. Interesting fact: "Come on Eileen" reached No. 1 when it aired on Irish radio, and held that spot for 11 weeks. "Brown Eyed Girl" - Van MorrisonAnother native Irish band, and a hit song about the beautiful Irish women. "Danny Boy" - Multiple artistsThis song is the Irish anthem for Irish-Americans. Its bittersweet lyrics will stir your soul, no matter which of the many artists' renditions you choose. "Green and Red of Mayo" - The Saw DoctorsThe Saw Doctors are an incredible home-grown Irish group. This moving song describes Ireland's natural beauty, and actually mentions St. Patrick.   "Rebels of the Sacred Heart" - Flogging MollyWhat Irish playlist would be complete without Flogging Molly? Get your blood pumping with this fast-paced Irish-Catholic melody. "Molly Malone" - Multiple artistsAlso known as "Cockles and Mussels," this song is another tribute to an Irish girl.  It's also an Irish classic, dating back to the 1870s. Some consider it the unofficial anthem of Dublin city. "Breathless" - The CorrsOne of Ireland's best pop groups sings a catchy, beautiful love song. "Sunday Bloody Sunday" - U2This song describes the1972 Easter Sunday massacre in Ireland, "Bloody Sunday." "Dreams" - The CranberriesThis lovely melody is by another of Ireland's top musical acts. "Isle of Innisfree" from The Quiet ManThe Quiet Man is an essential Irish film. It includes beautiful scenery shot in Ireland, and the dynamic acting duo of John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. This sweet song captures the spirit of the Irish countryside. "When Irish Eyes are Smiling" - Multiple artistsThe name says it all.  Here's hoping that your Irish eyes are smiling today.  Happy St. Pat's!