SMC Tennis: Belles host nonconference foe 'Cats

Saint Mary's will face tough competition in its final nonconference match of the season, facing Indiana Wesleyan at home Saturday.

The Belles head into the match with a 4-4 record after playing eight matches in Orlando, Fla., over spring break. Saint Mary's closed the trip with a strong performance in a 9-0 win over Lincoln.

"I have seen that our team is improving every week and every match," head coach Dale Campbell said. "The girls work hard to win their matches, and work hard in general. They really want to have success in the conference this season."

Sophomore Jillian Hurley has paced the Belles at singles, holding a 4-4 record at No. 1. Junior Camille Gebert holds a 6-2 record at No. 2,?and sophomore Jessica Kosinski stands at 4-4.  At No. 1 doubles Hurley and Gebert have recorded four wins and four losses.

"We are focusing on getting ready for the conference season, but we?are also excited for our non-conference home opener," Campbell said. "To face Wesleyan we want to start off strong with our double play, and play determinedly and aggressively as a team."?

The Belles will face the No. 14 Wildcats (1-0), at 2:00 p.m. at the Saint Mary's tennis courts or the Eck Pavilion at Notre Dame depending on the weather.