Bookstore Basketball: Police Squad defeats BOOM?in long contest

South Bend Police Squad - You're Screwed (SBPS) defeated BOOM! Roasted in a lengthy, physical and equally matched game 21-14 on the bookstore courts Thursday night.

The game started slowly with neither team taking control early in the first half. It wasn't until a five-point run by SBPS gave them an early advantage. SBPS lead 11-7 at halftime.

In the second half, the game remained evenly matched. After SBPS started the second half with a three point run to open the lead to seven points, BOOM! brought the game back to four with a run of their own.

SBPS was finally able to pull away and get the win after over an hour and 15 minutes of action.

"Their height got us," BOOM! captain Sarah Trent commented after the game. "We just came up a little short."

Kaitlyn Lynch of the SBPS was excited not only about her team's performance, but also about their fan base. "It was great!" Lynch said. "We have some hardcore fans that come to every game."

Tiz Shadley of SBPS was also inspired by the team's fans.

"Once we heard our cheering section we knew we were going to win."

enchantEe 21, Goodnight Moon 3

There wasn't much doubt in this outcome as enchantEe cruised to an easy 21-3 victory over Goodnight Moon in a game that took less than 20 minutes.

EnchantEe opened up a 5-0 lead early and never looked back from there. Leading 11-1 at halftime, enchantEe outplayed and outhustled Goodnight from start to finish.

"We got owned," Goodnight captain Katie Kohler commented after the game. "Goodnight Bookstore."

However, the senior- laden team from Saint Mary's was still happy to have played in the tournament.

"We knew we were up against some serious basketball players," Kristi Braunlich from Goodnight said. "We just liked to keep up with the game after playing in high school."

Meanwhile, enchantEe attributed their success to their number one fan, sophomore Erica Ramirez.

"Erica Ramirez motivates us with her bongo beat," Sarah Smith said. "Also, my horoscope said I was going to have a five-star day today."

It was right.

"We'd like to thank the other team for their kindness," Saint Mary's junior Megan Hooper said. "[The tournament is] all about camaraderie."

Smith summed up enchantEe's feelings of the game best, simply saying: "It was good."