Irish finish tied for 14th off the tees in NC

Notre Dame finished a disappointing 14th this weekend, tied with Georgia, in the Bryan National Collegiate tournament as the team ended with a final round of 315 (27 over par).

"We didn't play very well, but we're hoping to rebound and win Big East, " senior captain Lisa Maunu said.

Maunu and junior Annie Brophy led the way for Notre Dame on the third and final day with marks of 78 (6 over). Freshman Becca Huffer finished round three at 79 (7 over) with 11 pars, while sophomores So-Hyun Park and Katie Conway shot 80 and 81, eight- and nine-over par.

For the three-day tournament, Notre Dame's top overall finisher was Huffer, who tied for 43rd overall with her total of 231. Behind her, Maunu and Brophy tied for 52nd with their 17-over scores of 233. In the final round, Maunu had birdies on the first, fourth, and 13th holes. Brophy birdied on the third and 11th holes in the final round. Overall, Brophy's play included five-under mark on the 12 par-fives to tie for the second best combined score at the event for par-five play.

Park finished tied for 69th with a 21-over mark for a total 237 overall, including a birdie on the 15th and 10 pars on the day.

Conway posted a total of 240, placing her tied for 76th. In the third round, she birdied the ninth and added eight pars.

LSU won the tournament with a 23-over par total of 891, four strokes ahead of second-place Virginia. LSU's Megan McChrystal placed first for the tournament with a minus-1 total of 215.

Next up for the Irish is the Big East tournament on April 19 where they're looking to capture their second consecutive Big East title.