ND Softball and Baseball: Rain postpones Irish baseball, softball games

Rain and travel considerations caused the Irish baseball team to postpone the first of a two game series with rival Michigan in Ann Arbor on Tuesday.

The weather also postponed Notre Dame's scheduled softball game against Northwestern. The game will not be rescheduled.

The Irish baseball team will make up the game today as a doubleheader at Frank Eck Stadium, with first pitch set for 4:30 p.m. Both games in the non-conference matchup are scheduled for seven innings.

The Wolverines (21-16, 5-7 Big Ten) will lose a home game as a result of the rescheduling, and be venturing into unfamiliar territory in South Bend - Michigan has played 12 of its last 14 games at home.

Ryan LaMarre leads the Wolverines in batting average (.364) and on-base percentage (.473). He also has hit 10 home runs and has 45 RBIs. The team as a whole hits .296.

Notre Dame has momentum heading into the doubleheader after taking two of three games at home against conference leader West Virginia last weekend.

After a 19-3?Mountaineers thrashing in the first gameof the series, the Irish won both games of Saturday's doubleheader, using back-to-backcomplete games from sophomore Brian Dupra and junior Eric Maust in wins over West Virginia 8-6 and 3-0.