Weekend Events Calendar

Friday April 17, 2009; The Reader Don't miss the chance to see Kate Winslet's intriguing, Oscar-winning performance in the post-WWII tale "The Reader" Friday night in DeBartolo Hall. Watch as a fascinating and inappropriate relationship develops between an older woman and young boy who meet on not only a physical but also an emotional level, further inflamed as the teenage Michael Berg (David Kross) reads stories to his older mistress Hanna (Winslet). One day Hanna mysteriously disappears only to come back into Michael's life eight years later, when he witnesses her on trial for Nazi war crimes. Witness captivating and life-altering secrets unfold that capture the era of secrecy and surprise that comprised the Second World War

Saturday April 18, 2009; QuinceaneraIn a drama that chronicles the life of the soon-to-be 15 year old Magdalena, tales of teenage tragedy and unexpected complications flood the scene in a typical soap opera manner. When Magdalena discovers that she cannot fit in her Quinceanera ball gown created for her special coming-of-age party, the truth comes out that she is pregnant. Thrown out of her house with no support from her family or her baby's father, she turns to her distant great-granduncle and finds love and a home in surprising places. Experience the ins and outs of the complex days of Magdalena, a teenage girl trying to bring a sense of order to her constantly changing life.

Sunday April 19,2009; The AuditionLook behind the scenes at the overwhelming pressures young opera singers endure when trying to make it to the top. Watch as men and women make or break their careers in auditions far more sophisticated than American Idol's, and compete for chances to win money, fame and an opportunity to sing on the one and only Met stage. Three men steal the show with characterizations ranging from the conflicted fireball (Michael Fabiano), to the attractive over-achiever (Alek Shrader), to the aging underdog (Ryan Smith). Watch as they meet challenges, success, and heartbreak in pursuit of victory. See if these men have what it takes to win in "The Audition."