This Week On Campus

Tuesday: The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day at Browning Cinema, DPAC, 9:30 p.m.

The sequel to one of students' favorite cult movies, "The Boondock Saints," is being shown at a special free screening. Much like the first film, the sequel continues to follow Irish-Catholic brothers as they take revenge and bring justice in Boston after they are framed for a murder. The director, Troy Duffy, and several actors, such as Sean Patrick Flanery, will be present at the screening. Fans should take advantage of an informal discussion with the actors and director about the films in 105 Jordan Hall of Science at 7 p.m. Free tickets will be given out at the DPAC box office starting at noon Tuesday.

Wednesday: The Sugar Wife at DPAC, 7:30 p.m.
The Department of Film, Television and Theater presents Elizabeth Kuti's play about a couple living in a Quaker community in the 19th century. The couple faces moral dilemmas revolving around slavery, poverty and faith. The play is sure to make its audience think about how they would feel if they were in the same situations. Go to see your classmates assume the roles of these complicated characters, and stay to watch the compelling story unfold. Tickets are $10, and "The Sugar Wife" runs from Tuesday to Sunday.

Wednesday: The Way We Get By, 9 p.m.
Notre Dame alumnus Gita Pullapilly's new documentary film about three senior citizens who greet American troops as they depart for and return from Iraq airs on PBS as the Point of View special. Pullapilly interviews the subjects about their experiences with the soldiers, but the film also explores issues of aging, loneliness and mortality. Support a Notre Dame alumnus by tuning into the special, but this film also will open your eyes to two pushed-aside groups: the elderly and soldiers. Hopefully, viewers will be inspired to show more compassion towards strangers.

Thursday: Baraka Bouts at JACC Fieldhouse, 6 p.m.
The Notre Dame Women's Boxing Club is ending its 10th season with its annual Baraka Bouts, a charity fight night that allows the nearly 60 female boxers a chance to show off their hard work from training. You will be able to cheer on your friends and classmates as they pummel each other, while at the same time contributing to Baraka Bouts' charity, the Holy Cross Missions. Tickets are $5 at the door.

Thursday: Funny People at Debartolo 101, 10 p.m.
This week's Student Union Board movie is Judd Apatow's latest film, "Funny People." Starring Adam Sandler and Seth Rogan, this film mixes Apatow's signature humor with a dramatic tone, pleasing all types of audiences. Sandler's character is diagnosed with a terminal health condition and decides to become a mentor to Rogan's struggling comedian. There will be plenty of laughs, but also many touching moments as the characters struggle with their life decisions. Tickets are $3, and the film runs Thursday through Saturday.

Friday: Asian Allure at Washington Hall, 7:30 p.m.

Sometimes Notre Dame gets the reputation of not being diverse enough, but this is not really the case, especially when students take advantage of cultural events like Asian Allure. The Asian American Association is putting on a show with singing as well as many traditional and modern dances. It is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures in an exciting way. Everyone is sure to be entertained with the many musical numbers. Tickets are $7 at Lafortune Box Office or $10 at the door. The show will also run Saturday night.

Friday: Ryan Cabrera at Legends, 10 p.m.
If you are in the mood for a concert, pop singer Ryan Cabrera is coming to campus. Cabrera is known for his hits "On the Way Down" and "Shine On," as well as his status as ex-boyfriend of Ashlee Simpson, who he appeared with often on her short-lived MTV reality show. The smaller venue of Legends will combine perfectly with Cabrera's music to give an intimate and personal feel to the performance. If you were a fan of the Howie Day show last year, you will not want to miss Ryan Cabrera.

Saturday: Idan Raichel Project at Leighton Concert Hall, DPAC, 7:30 p.m.
Israeli music is not instantly recognizable to Americans. Idan Raichel is trying to change this with his band, the Idan Raichel Project. Their music has Hebraic and African rhyme and rhythms that speak to the origins of humans and culture. This concert will allow students to experience a momentary escape from South Bend to halfway around the world. Maybe Israeli music will be your new favorite, and you can be the cool, trendy friend in your group who listens to Israeli music instead of Lady Gaga. Tickets are $15.

Snite Museum Exhibits, Now-Dec. 20
For art lovers, take advantage of the on-campus Snite Museum, which is featuring three new exhibits: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Ofrenda Installation Con Ganas (With Heart), Darkness and Light: Death and Beauty in Photography, and Bill Kremer: Sculptural Vessels. The Dia de los Muertos exhibit showcases art by Maria Elena Castro that honors her father and other deceased relatives in celebration of the Mexican holiday. Continuing with the theme of death, the Darkness and Light exhibit is a wide range of photographs that have underlying themes of death and beauty. Come support Notre Dame Professor Bill Kremer, who has had a large influence on ceramics at Notre Dame. These exhibits, as well as the permanent ones, are sure to be thought-provoking.