Weekend Events Calendar

Thursday: ‘Taking Woodstock' @ 10 p.m. in DeBartolo Hall 101

This most recent film from director Ang Lee ("Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Brokeback Mountain") tracks the world changing events of Woodstock and their effect on one young man, Elliot Tiber. Working as an interior designer in Greenwich Village, Elliot is forced to return home to Bethel, New York, in order to help his parents and their failing motel. He soon discovers that a neighboring town has plans to host a music festival, and in hopes of drumming up business for the motel, gets involved. "Taking Woodstock" will also be playing on Friday and Saturday evenings at 8 and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $3.

Friday: ‘Bright Star' 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. @ DeBartolo Performing Arts Center

John Keats is one of the most famed, admired and beloved poets of all time and, in this exciting new movie from director Jane Campion, we are given a glimpse into the tragic yet passionate life of such a talented and inspired man. The movie, "Bright Star," chronicles the intense but brief love affair between Keats and the girl next door, Fanny Brawne. Their romance is forced to bloom in secret, as the two are an unlikely match. Yet with each poetry lesson, Keats and Fanny fall deeper in love. "Bright Star" will be showing on Saturday again at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $3 for students.

Saturday: Joshua Radin Concert 10 p.m. @ Legends

Joshua Radin has become a fixture on the singer/songwriter scene with his music featured on such shows as "Grey's Anatomy," "Scrubs" and "American Idol." Originally educated in the fine arts, Radin pursued a music career at the request of friends and fans. He released his first album, "We Were Here," in 2006 to much acclaim. It was followed up by "Simple Times" in 2008. Radin has collaborated with several well known artists including Ingrid Michaelson and Imogen Heap. Influenced by the Beatles, Paul Simon and Bob Dylan, Radin has a soothing, smoky element to his voice. Radin will appear at Legends on Saturday night.

Sunday: University Band Holiday Concert 7:30 p.m. @ DeBartolo Performing Arts Center

It's time to get in the holiday spirit, and what better way than holiday music? Join the University Band in celebrating the holidays this Sunday evening with their annual winter concert. Consisting of both Notre Dame students and South Bend residents, the University Band is a wonderful bridge between our campus and the greater South Bend community. The band is sure to play many Christmas favorites. This is an opportunity to support local musicians as well as enjoy some festive music. This is a ticketed, though free, event, so call the DPAC ticket office to reserve tickets.