Thanks from an alumnus

Thank you for having Gary Caruso write a Letter expressing an alumni viewpoint. Many alumni read The Observer to learn about what is going on at our university.

Over the last few years, many of the Letters by students have been critical of alumni in general, disparaging terms. We are considered old rich guys who are out of touch and wear plaid pants,etc. Just this week there was a Letter using such a description. That is a stereotype.

We too are part of Notre Dame. The majority of us had to struggle to pay our way there. Most of us have to "dig deep" to contribute to Notre Dame which aids the very students who laugh at us. Most Notre Dame Alumni Clubs are sponsoring job fairs and working with many unemployed alumni. This is in addition to raising money for present day student scholarships. We have lived the Notre Dame experience you are now going through and understand the good and the bad about being an ND student.

We too are part of the Notre Dame family and it is nice to have an occasional voice in The Observer.

Now, if we can only get the Band to play to the entire Stadium at the end of football games so that we Alumni can hear and sing our beloved Alma Mater too.

Thank you.

Frank Keres
alumnus
Class of 1975
Jan. 29