Weekend Events Calendar

Thursday: "The Men Who Stare at Goats" @ DeBartolo 101, 10 p.m.
"The Men Who Stare at Goats" chronicles the journey of one reporter in search of the truth about the Iraq War. After being left by his wife, Bob Wilton (Ewan McGregor) travels to Iraq in an attempt to distract himself from the failings of his personal life. Once there, he stumbles upon Special Forces operator Lyn Cassady (George Clooney), and the unbelievable story Cassady has to tell: Cassady, as part of a Special Forces group, has been training to use psychic abilities as weapons of warfare. "Goats" will be playing on Thursday night at 10 p.m., and Friday and Saturday nights at 8 and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $3.

Friday: Dueling Pianos @ Legends, 10 p.m.
Dueling Pianos is a national sensation and a campus favorite. It involves two talented piano players who, on their baby grand pianos, take requests and entertain the audience in a high-energy performance. Audience members can expect a mix of top-40 hits, oldies, dance music and novelty songs. Extra points to anyone who can stump these piano wizards: they each claim to know thousands of songs! Dueling Pianos returns to Legends on Friday night at 10 p.m. and as usual, there is no cover charge. Also don't forget to stick around afterward for the Black Light Party with free glow sticks included.

Saturday: Laura Izibor @ Legends, 10 p.m.
Legends is excited to present Laura Izibor at 10 p.m. on Saturday night. An Irish R&B singer, Izibor has made it onto the R&B scene with her single "Shine," featured on the soundtrack of the "Nanny Diaries." Raised in Dublin, Ireland, Izibor discovered her love of music at an early age. At 17, she signed her first record deal and has been making music ever since. Influenced by James Brown, Aretha Franklin, and Carol King, Izibor has a smooth R&B style. She has opened for such acts as Estelle and John Legend on tour. Her first album, "Let the Truth Be Told," was released in May of 2009.

Sunday: "Simon Boccanegra" @ DPAC, 1 p.m.
Starring Placido Domingo in the title role, the Browning Cinema presents the Verdi's gripping opera "Simon Boccanegra" as performed by the Metropolitan Opera. It tells the story of Boccanegra, an aspiring Genoese politician. Having fallen in love with the daughter of Genoese noble man, Boccanegra agrees to run for office, hoping that upon winning he will be permitted to marry his love, with whom he already has a daughter, Maria. Boccanegra begs for permission to marry her, but is forced to surrender Maria to her grandfather in payment. It is then that Boccanegra realizes that Maria has gone missing. What follows is a twisted tale of political cunning and deception. Tickets are $15 for students.