ND Men's Lacrosse: Team looks for another win

The Irish opened Arlotta Stadium in style Tuesday with a 14-7 win over Denver and they now look to continue this success in their new home Saturday against Ohio State.
No. 9 Notre Dame (4-2) visited the Buckeyes last year at The Horseshoe on the day of Ohio State's spring football game. In front of the largest attendance in NCAA lacrosse history, the Irish captured a 14-8 win behind junior midfielder Zach Brenneman's four goals.
After Brenneman scored three in Tuesday's victory, Irish coach Kevin Corrigan said the team needs to keep playing as it has been.
"We're looking to continue to improve, and play smart against a team that is always very athletic and very crafty with the ball," Corrigan said.
In the victory over Denver, senior midfielder Grant Krebs and sophomore attack Sean Rogers also tallied hat tricks. Corrigan said the offensive outburst was a team accomplishment.
"The fact that you had three guys do it means it was more about the team than it was about the individual. When your team is playing good offense and creating opportunities, than a lot of people have opportunities to contribute," he said. "That means you're moving the ball, moving people around and moving the defense around."
This game is the last tune-up for the Irish before opening the first season of Big East lacrosse. The seven-team conference includes four top-25 teams in Notre Dame, defending champion Syracuse, Georgetown and Villanova.
Before the three-game Spring Break trip, Corrigan said the Irish needed to begin improving against top-tier competition before the Big East season started.
"We're not going to wait [to get better] until Big East play starts," he said. "We are trying to improve before the next game."
In order for Notre Dame to continue to improve for each game, it must prepare for a versatile Ohio State attack.
"[Ohio State has] a lot of different guys who can hurt you," Corrigan said. "Their attack has always scored a lot for them. Even though there are starting two freshman on it this year, that continues. … We've got to keep them out of the transition goals, the easy goals."
Notre Dame hosts Ohio State at 1 p.m. Saturday as they look for their second win at the new Arlotta Stadium.