Weekend Events Calendar 9/9 to 9/12

Thursday: "Micmacs"

DPAC's Browning Cinema at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m.

Writer-Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet captured American audiences with "Amélie," but his latest film portrays a different type of story. The 2009 French film "Micmacs" satirizes the weapons industry as it follows Bazil, a man seeking revenge for his father's death by landmine when Bazil was a child. Along the way, he encounters colorful, quirky misfits characteristic of a Jeunet film. For fans of the whimsical, charming stories and characters prevalent in Jeunet films, "Micmacs" is playing at 6:30 and 9:30 in DPAC's Browning Cinema.

Friday: Rage for the Stage

Washington Hall at 8 p.m.

Do you love theater thrown together at the last minute? Sponsored by Student Players, Rage for the Stage puts on a play in under 24 hours. The pieces are written all night Thursday, rehearsed Friday morning, and performed Friday night at 8 p.m. in Washington Hall. Known for being one of the most fun theater events of the year, go, watch and be amazed at the fast, creative minds of fellow ND students who manage to put together a whole show in such a short period of time.

Saturday: Top 40 Nightclub

Legends at midnight

Brush off your fatigue from standing all day at the Notre Dame-Michigan game, and put on your dancing shoes. If you are someone who likes to know every song playing and every word to those songs, the Top 40 Nightclub at Legends is the place to be at midnight. If you hadn't already lost your voice from screaming at the game, you definitely will after belting out the familiar, radio-friendly hits and dancing it up until 4 in the morning.

Sunday: Men's Soccer

Alumni Stadium at 2 p.m.

Still missing the World Cup from this summer? Notre Dame has more than one type of football team, and this one is actually ranked. The 18th-ranked men's soccer team takes on California Polytechnic State University at 2 p.m. in Alumni Stadium as part of the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament. Even if you still can't get into soccer, cheering on your classmates on a Sunday afternoon is a much better reason for procrastinating that repeatedly checking Facebook.