Right on 'The Mark'

The weekend has finally arrived and you decide to stroll down to the newly-built Eddy Street Commons with friends in hopes of an early dinner out. South Bend's sleek and trendy Eddy Street is located across the street from Notre Dame's main entrance, a prime location for those students with an eager appetite. You walk through the doors of The Mark Dine & Tap and you are instantly taken in by the aroma of fresh ingredients, and the smile of friendly servers. The lavish bar is packed with people enjoying a crisp beer and good conversation. Waiting to be seated it is hard not to notice the contemporary and chic décor that drapes the restaurant's walls and ceilings. You are seated and given a colorful menu with anything and everything you could imagine. With everything from mouth watering burgers to crisp and fresh salads, The Mark does not disappoint.

Restaurateur Jonathan Lutz is the proud owner of The Mark Dine & Tap, which is the only locally-owned business in the Commons. Lutz owns Mishawaka-based restaurant Uptown Kitchen as well as The Mark, so many of the foods that you love at Uptown Kitchen can also be found at this new restaurant. The Mark gives the feel of an American diner with a touch of class that makes the experience even more enjoyable. The menu offers breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week so their sandwiches, burger station, comfort foods and appetizers are available all week long. For those veggie lovers out there, have no fear because The Mark offers delicious "go green" foods like their amazing grilled romaine wedge and their mouth-watering peanut chicken soba salad. Many students have expressed their love of the burger station which allows you to build the burger yourself. These all-steak burgers offer an endless list of toppings from fried egg to avocado. Saint Mary's junior Shannon Whalen is a frequent visitor of The Mark and says, "the burgers are amazing and the fact that I can customize it to my own liking is awesome and a huge plus!"

The Mark's convenient location is in walking distance from all nearby campuses, helpful to students who might not have cars on campus. The Mark is also ideal for families. Everyone has different cravings and this menu can satisfy any mouth. The Mark menu caters to a variety of pallets because they offer a variety of foods that anyone will find appetizing. Their food is made fresh with quality ingredients and recipes that you can truly tell when you are eating the food. The flavors are amazing and because the menu is so versatile it allows customers to revisit repeatedly. The food that is offered at The Mark is food that can be eaten day after day, so whether it is baked oatmeal for breakfast, a juicy burger for lunch or southern-style buttermilk fried chicken with a side of sweet potato fries for dinner, your taste buds will not leave unsatisfied.

The Mark opened in late August, just in time for the students' fall return and those busy crowded football weekends.  Next time you go out for a meal head over to The Mark and treat yourself and your family to one of their wonderful delectable dishes.