The gift of art

I graduated in the late 1970's in the Fine Arts. I had hopes and dreams, and then I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy in 1988. Little did I know the vaccine that was given him would cause his autism.

The years of drawing him to live in our world, endless therapies, sleepless nights, now comes back to my education at this fine University.

I have been offered to teach an art class at Hannah and Friends, a non profit organization. It is a neighborhood where people with different abilities can live independently with support. My autistic son just moved there this past June, and he is going to be my assistant!

We thrive on donations, and we are in need of art supplies. This special charity was founded by Maura and Charlie Weis in honor of their beautiful daughter Hannah. Please check out our website hannahandfriends.org

I want to focus on painting. We are in need of paint brushes, acrylic paints and canvases, and easels. Now I get to share my talents from my BFA degree at Notre Dame with my very special loving friends.

Thank you for considering this very honorable request. Thank you Dillon Hall for all your help and donations.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." — Anonymous

Katherine Robinson Coleman

alumna

Class of 1978

Jan. 5