Bengal Bouts: Quarterfinals, 160 pounds

Matthew "It's Almost Wake Week" Labriola def. Alec "Pretty Boy" MacDonell

Labriola and MacDonell danced around the ring in an evenly matched first round, but the junior Labriola got down to business in the second round, landing several body shots on the freshman MacDonell. The Sorin College freshman finally took advantage of his long wingspan and closed out the second round with a resounding punch to Labriola's mouth. MacDonell repeatedly made contact with Labriola in the third round, but the junior seemed impervious to the blows, and Labriola was named the winner by split decision.

Ryan Alberdi def. Dan "The Polish Hammer" Jasinski

Alberdi got off to a quick start, immediately going on the attack against Jasinski. The law student attempted to turn the tables and chased Alberdi into a corner in the last seconds of the first round, but the Sorin College sophomore fought his way out of danger. Jasinski started the second round on the offensive, but his blows were deflected by Alberdi. In the third round, the sophomore lunged forward to try and strike Jasinski, leaving him vulnerable to a hook that knocked him off balance and onto the mat. Alberdi quickly recovered and ended the bout with an offensive barrage. The judges awarded Alberdi the victory by unanimous decision.

Robert Powers def. Terry "Twinkletoes" Howell

In this battle of senior fighters, Powers quickly gained an advantage with his combination punch that alternated between Howell's body and head. In the first round, Powers had his opponent in retreat with this move and delivered many powerful body shots. The second round saw more of the same as Powers' mix between body and head punches left Howell off balance and unable to counter. In the third round, Powers' shots to the face caused the referee to stop the bout to give Howell an eight-second recovery. When the match resumed, Powers continued to dominate and advanced to the semifinals with a unanimous decision victory.

Mark "Ridin' Solo" Iandolo def. Patrick "Boom Boom" Bishop

Iandolo proved to be the aggressor in the first round of the fight, connecting on numerous blows to Bishop's face. The senior used a quick two-punch combination move to send Bishop, a sophomore, into retreat. In the second round, Bishop managed to find some success in landing left-handed jabs to Iandolo's face. However, the third round saw Iandolo dominate, connecting on six jabs in a row at one point and eight jabs in a row at another. He also managed to move Bishop against the ropes, where he continued to connect on punches. Iandolo won the fight in a unanimous decision.