Leprechaun Legion of doom

Our hoops team is straight ballin'. Sadly, if you take a step back during a game in the JACC you will notice that our arena is usually embarrassingly empty for a team that is ranked No. 7 nationally. Most students found it too hard to keep the faith this season, refusing to buy season tickets.

There is a simple solution:

1. Make sure every ticket already bought is being used for every game. Many who bought the entire booklet sit out some of the games, and their tickets go to waste. Unlike football stubs, individual basketball tickets are transferrable to other students. If you don't feel like going to a game, give your ticket to someone who does. If you want to go but don't have a ticket, ask around campus and odds are you will find one floating around somewhere.

2. Those of us who do attend must make up for our comrades' absence. This includes not only the student section, but the entire crowd inside the JACC. For every empty seat you see, you need to be that much louder. Every time the entire crowd gets on their feet, our team can't help but go on a scoring run or buckle down for a great defensive stand. They feed off our energy, and there's nothing better than watching the direct impact our collective energy can have on a game.

3. For our final home game, a critical in-conference contest against Villa-no-fun, the powers that be need to find their inner generosity and open up the doors for all students to attend free of charge. As the world's preeminent Catholic university, we should be able to find it within ourselves to forgive their lack of loyalty by welcoming back our prodigal sons and daughters to return for one last send-off worthy of a team currently ranked No. 7. Not only could doing so seal the deal on an undefeated season at home, but it could represent a tremendous showing of unity that gives the team something to remember as they head off to battle in the Big East Tournament and beyond.

Daniel Collins

Law Student

off campus

Feb. 12