Bengal Bouts: Semifinals 148 pounds

Ben "Danger Zone" Eichlerdef. Casey "The Man Beast" Allare

Early success led to a quick victory for sophomore Ben Eichler over junior Casey Allare. Eichler came out swinging and it paid off in a one round fight.

Eichler's early combinations caught Allare off guard. Following a first referee pause, Eichler changed gears and unloaded huge punches with the intent of finishing the fight early. After the referee paused the fight three times, he stopped the match and gave Eichler the win by technical knockout in the first round.

Kevin "The Commissioner" Ortenziodef. Ryan "Ho-Cro Heart" Power

Seniors Kevin Ortenzio and Ryan Power began their fight throwing lots of punches with little emphasis on defense. Power started to land a few, but Ortenzio was quick to dodge and counter well, ultimately leaving with a victory.

The first round was a toss-up, as Power landed a few solid punches but Ortenzio also landed a few strikes of his own.

Power came out strong in the second round. Ortenzio, however, used Power's momentum to dodge away and back Power up against the ropes. Ortenzio then gave Power a powerful right jab, causing him to bounce off the ropes. Toward the end of the round, Ortenzio snuck in three solid jabs, causing Power to stumble and have the ref check him out.

The third round continued with Power throwing a lot of punches, but Ortenzio defended and dodged the majority of them and landed his own. Power seemed to tire with Ortenzio's constant movement and dodging, which allowed Ortenzio to land multiple punches before the round ended. The victory was unanimously given to Ortenzio.