Football announces new prices

Notre Dame announced game times and ticket prices Wednesday for the 2011 football season.

The Oct. 22 matchup against USC is set for a 7:30 p.m. kickoff and will be the first night game at Notre Dame Stadium since the No. 2 Irish defeated Michigan 28-24 on Sept. 15, 1990.

"While we will do this only on a selective basis, we think it is important to occasionally use the platform of a prime-time game to promote the University and our football program," Notre Dame athletics director Jack Swarbrick said in a press release distributed by the University.

"When you look back at the previous home night games we've played, a number of those have been hallmark events in the history of our program. We are confident this year's USC game will continue that tradition."

The home games against South Florida (Sept. 3), Michigan State (Sept. 17), Air Force (Oct. 8) and Navy (Oct. 29) are all slated for 3:30 p.m. The home finale, against Boston College (Nov. 19), is set for a 4 p.m. kickoff. The neutral site contest against Maryland (Nov. 12 at FedEx Field in Landover, Md.) will start at 7:30 p.m.

For the first time in the program's history, the school has introduced variable game ticket pricing, a model followed by many universities. Single game tickets will cost $70 for the South Florida, Air Force and Navy games, and $80 for Michigan State, USC and Boston College. Tickets for the Maryland game range from $50 to $130.

"The reality of our budgeting process is that football ticket revenue is critical to our ability to contribute to the University's academic programs and finance our other varsity sports," Swarbrick said in the statement.