Why can't we be friends?

Let me assure you ("Let's be fair," Mar. 3), that if you were attempting to write an article that does not slight "the intelligence or effort" of Saint Mary's women you have failed miserably. Here at Saint Mary's we hold the same values and work just as hard if not harder than our neighbor across the street. Saint Mary's women equate the two schools because the schools are extremely similar. To say that I belong in a different league than you is demeaning and incredibly wrong. Just because you go to Notre Dame does not mean that you are any better than me. You don't know me and it's obvious you don't anything about the women here at Saint Mary's. When you arrogantly refer to Saint Mary's as the Fighting Illini and Notre Dame as the Chicago Bulls you are overlooking just how similar our learning institutions actually are. What you fail to realize is that we are in the exact same league; in fact we should be on the exact same team. I love both Notre Dame and Saint Mary's and I am proud of our historical connection. Only once everyone starts to accept the fact that both learning institutions are incredible prestigious can we all move forward.

Jessica Vravis

junior

off-campus

Mar. 3