Game Day Operations has success

Director for Game Day Operations Mike Seamon said Notre Dame game weekends are following an upward trend.

With the unusually warm weather, enthusiasm of fans and a 59-33 victory against Air Force, Seamon said the past weekend had all the ingredients to be "first class."

"We couldn't ask for better weather, there was just a great sense of enthusiasm and energy in the fans, you could just see it," said Seamon, also the associate vice president of Campus Safety.

Seamon said the Air Force weekend was even more successful than the Michigan State weekend.

"The Michigan State weekend was a really good weekend … But the Air Force weekend, from top to bottom, was heads and shoulders above that," he said.

The temperature Saturday was about 10-15 degrees higher than the average for the beginning of October, Seamon said, making the game day uncommonly warm for this time of year.

"The weather we had this weekend was more typical for an early September game than early October," he said.

Seamon said the high levels of energy on campus were apparent as early as Friday's pep rally.

"It was a really good positive pep rally," he said. "People were loving the weather."

Saturday's game was sold out, with more than 82,000 people in attendance, Seamon said.

Police made 10 arrests Saturday, director of Notre Dame Security Police Phil Johnson said. Seven arrests were made outside the stadium: two for public intoxication, one for battery on a police officer and public intoxication, one for battery, one for battery and public intoxication, one for theft and possession of marijuana and one on an outstanding warrant.

Johnson said at the stadium, three more people were arrested for public intoxication

Seamon said 4,200 people visited the tunnel Friday, which was more than 1,000 more than the Michigan State weekend, and 1,300 attended Friday's football luncheon.

"That told us on Friday to start expecting some good things," he said.

He said the flyover before the game and the recognition of the marching band at halftime contributed to the energetic atmosphere.

"People loved the B-2 Bomber flyover, that was kind of very special for us," he said. "We've gotten a lot of good feedback on that."

Seamon said game weekends have been following a "really good trend," which he expects will continue for the remaining home games.

"Overall I would have to say the energy and the enthusiasm was unbelievable for the weekend, [and a] great springboard into the upcoming USC weekend," he said.