Staff Predictions: Boston College

Allan Joseph

Sports Editor

My eyes really hurt.

Now, I can't actually tell whether that's just from working on this massive special section for so long or from looking at just how bad this Boston College squad is. I mean, I knew they weren't going to be particularly good, but 112th in the country in total offense? That's abysmal.

So expect this game to be a total laugher. From the first senior to step on the field with his parents to the last strains of the Alma Mater, Notre Dame will have nothing to worry about except celebrating the careers of these seniors. In fact, I'm pretty confident the halftime marshmallow fight will be the most competitive thing we watch all day. For two straight years, seniors will leave their last home game happy.

In short, Saturday will be easy on the eyes.

FINAL SCORE: Notre Dame 56, Boston College 10 

Douglas Farmer

Editor-in-Chief

Dear Eric (below me),

I know you grew up in South Bend and graduated with a degree in something last year. I know you are now a know-it-all graduate student, and I know you're convinced I'm an idiot.

But news flash: It's not a rivalry if your students never travel en masse to the away games, if your coach doesn't admit to in the week ahead, and if you hold the opponent to less than 50 yards rushing two years in a row.

Yes, look for the Eagles to have more penalty yards than rushing yards Saturday. And look for Notre Dame to pay homage to its 38 seniors with 38 points, hopefully with a touchdown thrown from senior quarterback Matt Mulvey to senior receiver Deion Walker.

FINAL SCORE: Notre Dame 38, Boston College 0

Eric Prister

Senior Sports Writer

Last senior day, the Irish faced a ranked Utah squad which was supposed to make easy work of an underachieving Notre Dame team. But the seniors had a different idea.

This year, Notre Dame is the ranked team on senior day, and they should make easy work of a struggling Boston College squad.

But this is a rivalry game. No matter how much Notre Dame students hate it, the Eagles are Notre Dame's rival, and anything can happen in a game with pride on the line.

Senior wide receiver Michael Floyd will play well, the Irish will run the football with Jonas Gray and Cierre Wood, they will stop the run, and Notre Dame will win the game. Just don't expect it to be quite as much of a blowout as the teams' respective talent levels suggest.

FINAL SCORE: Notre Dame 28, Boston College 24

Andrew Owens

Associate Sports Editor

When I was scanning the list of seniors set to play their final game at Notre Dame Stadium, what struck me was how quickly the past four years have elapsed.

This class made a commitment to Notre Dame following the worst season in school history and, while the 28-20 record is not what they had in mind when they debuted in 2008, they have set the program up for success in the very near future.

Boston College brings its best when playing Notre Dame in this annual matchup (don't call it a rivalry, because it's not), but the Eagles are no match for the Irish this year. Cierre Wood and Jonas Gray will control the game and get closer to 1,000-yard seasons, which would be the first time two players have accomplished that feat at Notre Dame.

FINAL SCORE: Notre Dame 42, Boston College 10

Chris Masoud

Assistant Managing Editor

This one could get out of hand. Fast. Notre Dame is riding a three-game win streak for the second time this season, and its last five games of the season are strikingly similar to the five before. The Irish crushed an overhyped and overpowered Air Force team en route to its fourth consecutive win Oct. 8, setting up a crucial matchup with a Pac 12 foe in USC.

While dismantling a three-win Eagles team on Senior Day will be slightly less satisfying than upsetting No. 14 Utah, sending off the seniors with a win is all that matters. And after notching its second fourth-straight win, Notre Dame will head to Palo Alto for its second showdown with a Pac 12 rival: Stanford. But this time, luck will be on Notre Dame's side. Wait…

FINAL SCORE: Notre Dame 48, Boston College 10