New to Your Queue

"Portlandia"

It's probably antithetical for hipsters to be "in," but this IFC Channel hit ¾which both lovingly mocks and praises uber-hipster behavior ¾proves hipsters can indeed be cool. It is on IFC, and therefore not mainstream, so making it totally acceptable. Created by and starring "Saturday Night Live" star Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein of the band Sleater-Kinney, "Portlandia" is a sketch comedy show about the people of the Oregon city. Addictions to "BattlestarGalactica" and run-ins with crazy mixologists are just a few of the situations that have made "Portlandia" a hit. Catch up with the first season on Netflix now.

"Archer"

The over-simplified synopsis is this ¾it's "James Bond" meets "Arrested Development" in cartoon form. Featuring many of the voices from the latter, including Jessica Walters, Judy Greer, David Cross and Jeffrey Tambor, "Archer" follows a group of international spies and their support-team back home. While the plot is all "Bond," the dialogue is "Arrested," and the characters parallel those of fellow-FX show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." The situations they find themselves in about are as ridiculous as you can imagine. Check out the first two seasons on Netflix now.

"Louis C.K.: Hilarious"

Louis C.K. is one of the most respected stand-up comedians of his generation for a reason ¾he's hilarious. But his comedy goes beyond jokes for the simple-minded. His stories are often about his own life, touching on his experiences with jobs or his wife and kids, and this makes him one of the most relatable comedians performing today. His 2009 stand-up special in Milwaukee is one of his best, and like most of his shows, makes you think as much as it makes you laugh.

"Ghostbusters"

This 1984 film featured something of an all-star team of 1980's comedic geniuses, and was one of the greatest films and comedies of the decade. Directed by Ivan Reitman, written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis, and starring Akroyd, Ramis, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis and the infinitely-great Bill Murray, the movie follows a team of disgraced parapsychologists on their quests to fight ghosts in New York City. Hilarity and absurdity ensue.

"Glee"

Want to relive some of "Glee's" greatest performances and moments? Netflix has the award-winning show's first two seasons online so you can rediscover how it all began. From Rachel and Finn's relationship to their amazing Journey, Madonna and Britney performances, if you have never watched this show, now is the time. "Glee" is a must-see.