Sights and Sounds of Coachella 2012

The annual Coachella Festival in Indio, Calif. is the place to be for music and fashion enthusiasts alike. This year, the event has been extended from the usual three days of parties and music to two consecutive three-day weekends.

The Coachella Festival began Friday and ended its first weekend on Sunday. Although some performances far exceeded others, the event was an overall success.

Here are some of the best performances and fashion trends to expect for this coming second weekend.

The Music

From rock and indie to hip-hop and electronic music, the festival showcases many of the top and up-and-coming artists from around the world, singing live in different tents and stages throughout the Coachella Valley.

Some of this year's artists include The Black Keys, Afrojack, Bon Iver, Beirut, Florence and the Machine, Avicii, among many others.

Friday was marked by its evening performances. The Black Keys' popular and energetic rock tunes attracted a large crowd of music lovers. They performed some new songs such as "Lonely Boy" and "Hell of a Season", as well as "Everlasting Light", one of their top hits.

After The Black Keys came Swedish House Mafia, also with an incredible performance and amazing bright stage lights. Electronic music fans went crazy when they performed one of their best tunes, "Save the World".

Saturday was also filled with great performances. Some of the artists were Bon Iver, Radiohead, Kasabian and Miike Snow.

However, David Guetta's always-entertaining show pumped up the audience, especially when he played one of his latest songs, "Without You," with surprise guest, Usher.

Sunday's performances ended Coachella's first week on a great note. Both Goyte and Florence and the Machine hit it big by singing their famous hits "Somebody I Used to Know" and "Dog Days Are Over" respectively.

However, it was Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg's closing performance that exceeded everyone's expectations and perfectly concluded this first weekend.

They stole the show with special guests such as Eminem, 50 Cent, Warren G and Wiz Khalifa, and a hologram of West Coast rap legend Tupac.

Featuring the same lineup, Coachella's second weekend promises to be as exciting and entertaining as the first.

The Trends

You cannot talk about Coachella without mentioning fashion. The festival is the perfect venue to sport new and upcoming trends while still keeping it comfortable and casual.

Florals and bohemian prints along with relaxed silhouettes dominated this year's Coachella scene.

Brazilian model Alessandra Ambrosio sported a short and flowy light pink dress paired with brown boots and a bright printed scarf, perfect for a warm day in the California desert.

Nicole Richie and Lily Collins also followed this boho-chic trend with loose flower-printed dresses.

Another trend that was very much present among celebrities and festivalgoers was leather and animal print items.

Kate Bosworth wore black leather shorts combined with a leopard print t-shirt, while Alexa Chung also opted for safari tones, wearing an army green oversized shirt over a beige dress.

Overall, Coachella's first week was filled with amazing artists and performances and with a lot of trendy people, suggesting an even better second weekend.

Check out the highlights of some of the first weekend's best performances on the Coachella 2012 channel on YouTube.