Baking with Brenna

Decisions are hard. Some days you really want a cookie. Other days, you crave a brownie. Today, I'm giving you a chance to have both. With finals looming, you need a quick, easy, Huddle-friendly treat to fuel your study sessions and late night paper-writing. Luckily, our friends at Betty Crocker understand our plight as college students, and have come up with the wonderful recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies.
Like I said, this recipe is Huddle-friendly, using things that are easily found and bought with your dwindling Flex Points or, for those of us off campus, able to be found on a five-minute midnight grocery run.

Ingredients:
1 box of store bought brownie mix, plus water, vegetable oil and egg called for on the box
(Tip: Some boxes say they are made for a specific size pan. Make sure yours will cover a 13x9 pan)
1 box or pouch of store-bought chocolate chip cookie mix
½ cup butter, softened
1 egg
(Tip: Egg whites are acceptable)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix brownie mix as directed on the box and spread in a pan lightly coated with cooking spray.
2. Combine cookie mix, butter, and egg. Drop dough, evenly spaced, 2 tbsp. at a time onto the brownie batter and press down lightly.
3. Bake for 42 to 47 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the batter comes out clean. Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Optional: If you have the extra Flex Points or need the extra sugar, you can top the brownies with your favorite kind of frosting.
(Tip: If you're getting supplies at the grocery store, some brownie mixes come with little pouches of frosting that you can drizzle over this recipe)

This recipe can make around 40 servings if you cut them right, so there are plenty to share with roommates, section friends and random people walking by you on the quad. Everyone needs a pick-me-up this time of the year, and with a combination of two of the world's best freshly baked treats, these are the perfect remedy to the end-of-the-year blues.
This will be the last installment of "Baking with Brenna" because of this thing called "graduation" that I'm supposedly supposed to attend in a matter of weeks. It's been a blast trying out new recipes and talking to people who have shared their favorite treats with me. Hopefully you've seen a recipe that you've tried or will try making sometime.
Contact Brenna Williams at bwillia9@nd.edu