The Saint Mary's way

On behalf of the faculty and staff at Saint Mary's College, I extend a warm welcome to the Class of 2016 and our transfer students. As the 11th president of Saint Mary's, and a proud alumna, I know how powerful this experience will be for you.
You will spend the next four years in a rigorous academic environment supported by an excellent faculty, close friends and a deeply caring staff. As a Holy Cross institution, we place a special emphasis on the education of the whole person. Your education does not end when you leave the classroom. Every activity in which you participate will enhance your collegiate experience.
I encourage you to participate in as many co-curricular activities as time and your academic schedule will permit. More than 80 percent of our students participate in community service. This number demonstrates the importance we place on giving back and on experiential learning. One of my aspirations for you is that you will explore your place in the universe and your obligation to contribute to the common good. If this happens for you, then you, too, will have experienced the real Saint Mary's.
The world needs women educated in the Saint Mary's way. Our proud 167-year tradition of educating women to make a difference in the world now includes you. It is your turn to make history at Saint Mary's College. I look forward to accompanying you on this exciting journey.
Sincerely,

Carol Ann Mooney
President, Saint Mary's College
Aug. 10, 2012