ND Volleyball: Irish to take on DePaul in Chicago

Notre Dame will travel to Chicago on Friday to take on DePaul as they approach the middle stretch of their conference schedule.

Riding a three-game winning streak, the Irish (12-6, 5-1 Big East) are looking to continue their recent success. The Blue Demons (6-13, 1-5), meanwhile, are looking to snap a three-game skid. Irish junior outside hitter and captain Andrea McHugh said the team feels prepared for their match.

"We have done pretty well against DePaul in the past," she said. "They haven't been the most dynamic or physical team, but have continued to get better each year I have been [at Notre Dame]. They have a pretty balanced attack and some tough servers, but nothing we can't handle."

The momentum from Notre Dame's recent string of wins should also factor into its game plan Friday night. McHugh said the Irish are eager to continue that streak.

"[The streak] keeps us hungry and wanting more," she said. "We come into the gym each day wanting to get better with the goal in mind to extend our winning streak."

McHugh said the team is happy but not satisfied with its current position among their Big East competition and are looking to continue to better themselves within the conference this weekend.

"We need to continue to improve on point scoring, whether it's from blocking, serving, defense or transition plays," she said.

Sophomore right side hitter Jeni Houser has been a key contributor for the Irish of late, and she was named to the Big East weekly honor role for her performance last weekend.

The Irish will look for a team effort this weekend when they take on the Blue Demons. Action is set to begin in Chicago at 8 p.m.

Contact Laura Coletti at lcoletti@nd.edu