Men's Swimming and Diving: Dyer leads Irish to Iowa

Notre Dame will travel to Iowa this weekend to partake in the Hawkeye Invitational in the Wellness Center Pool at the University of Iowa.

The invitational will serve as the final meet of the fall season for the Irish (5-0), who will look to continue thier winning streak.

Four other teams will join the Irish in Iowa, including Denver, Wisconsin-Milwalkee and host team Iowa. No. 1 ranked and defending Hawkeye Invitational champions Michigan will round out the field.

The Irish finished in third place at last years Hawkeye Invitational, and will look to improve on that result this year.

Notre Dame has been led this year by All American junior swimmer Frank Dyer. Dyer has already won multiple awards this year, including NCAA Division I Men's Swimmer of the Week for November 14th to go along with back-to-back Big East Athlete of the Week awards for the weeks of November 7th and November 14th.

The Irish have also relied on sophomore diver Nick Nemetz for results in the diving competition. Nemetz has delivered, winning both the one-meter and 3-meter dives multiple times for the Irish this year.

This will be the last meet for Notre Dame until after winter break. The Irish will return to competition January 18th at Cleveland State.

Notre Dame will look to keep its win streak alive when they take on the field at the Iowa Hawkeye Invitational starting at 6 p.m. on Friday night.