Predictions: McGlinn vs. Walsh

Mike Monaco, Interhall Editor

Been there, done that. The Shamrocks are the defending champions and for good reason. 

They have won close games when they've needed to (think a 13-12 semifinal victory over Pangborn), and they've stepped on the accelerator and put teams away at times (such as their opening-round 20-0 demolition of Badin).

They can eek out barn-burners or they can roll to blowouts.

When it comes down to it, McGlinn has the experience necessary to defeat an upstart Walsh squad that has found ways to win time and again throughout the postseason.

But Sunday will be different. The Wild Women are inexperienced in the playoffs while McGlinn will not be fazed when it steps onto the hallowed ground of Notre Dame Stadium for the second consecutive season. 

FINAL SCORE:  McGlinn 20, Walsh 6

Brian Hartnett, Interhall Editor

It's safe to say few could have predicted this matchup at the beginning of the season.

Defending champion McGlinn was obviously a popular preseason pick, but not much was expected from Walsh, a team that won only one game last season.

Yet the Wild Women have easily defied all expectations, relying on the stellar play of senior quarterback Kat Leach. Walsh is a disciplined team that has found a variety of ways to win this season.

But I think the Wild Women's magical season will come to a sad ending this Sunday. McGlinn has a strong senior core, valuable playoff experience and a balanced attack. Look for the Shamrocks to jump out early and hold on for a second consecutive championship.

FINAL SCORE: McGlinn 13, Walsh 7