Mendoza earns top rank

Notre Dame's Mendoza College of Business took first for the fourth consecutive year in Bloomberg Businessweek's 'Best Undergraduate Business Schools' ranking released Wednesday. Mendoza placed first in student satisfaction and fifth in employer satisfaction, two of the ranking criteria, Bloomberg Businessweek reported. Students surveyed by Bloomberg Businessweek commended Mendoza for its "well-rounded business curriculum, strong liberal arts bent and focus on ethics" in the article accompanying the ranking.

Roger D. Huang, Dean of Mendoza, said the ranking highlights the work of those who shape Notre Dame into a "special place."

"There is so much that goes into the educational experience of the educational experience of being part of the Mendoza College of Business , including the spirit of the students, faculty, alumni and University as a whole," Huang said in a University press release.  

University of Virginia's McIntire School of Commerce and Cornell's Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management earned second and third honors, respectively. The report ranked 145 undergraduate business programs this year.

Bloomberg Businessweek said it examined nine data points to rank the schools, such as surveys of the satisfaction of both senior business majors and employers, median starting salaries of graduates and the number of graduates to pursue masters degrees from top programs.