ND Women's Soccer: Waldrum's team faces Haiti

Notre Dame's challenging and diverse spring schedule comes to an end today, as the Irish take on the Haiti national team at Alumni Stadium.

The Irish have played several friendlies and scrimmages over the course of the last month.

On April 3, Notre Dame fell 4-1 to the Chicago Red Stars of the National Women's Soccer League, a professional league that began play earlier this month. Irish senior midfielder Mandy Laddish scored in the 58th minute, but it wasn't enough to overcome the two first-half goals from Red Stars forward and 2011 Notre Dame graduate Lauren Fowlkes.

Two days later, the Irish topped the Mexico under-20 national team, 4-3, on a stoppage-time goal by sophomore defender CariRoccaro. Junior forward Karin Simonian, sophomore defender Katie Naughton and sophomore forward Crystal Thomas added goals in the match.

Notre Dame's spring schedule has also included scrimmages against Michigan State, Iowa, IPFW and Grand Valley State. 

Tonight, the Irish are set to play the Haiti national team, which is ranked No. 58 in the latest FIFA/Coca-Cola women's world rankings. 

Haiti has spent the last few weeks training and playing friendlies at different sites across Indiana in preparation for next year's CONCACAF Women's World Cup qualifier, which will determine the teams for the 2015 Women's World Cup. The team played at Alumni Stadium on April 3, dropping a 1-0 match to the Mexico under-20 team.

ShekBorkowski is the coach of the Haiti national team. Borkowski also serves as the coach for FC Indiana, a second-tier professional team that plays in the Women's Premier Soccer League.

Notre Dame and Haiti will kick off at 5 p.m. tonight at Alumni Stadium.