Loss ends multiple streaks

The loss for the Irish ends their 10-game home winning streak and ends their seven-game winning streak against Oklahoma. Notre Dame's last home loss came against USC on Oct. 22, 2011. The Irish had not lost to the Sooners since 1956, when Notre Dame fell to then-No. 2 Oklahoma, 40-0.

Rushing game springs to life

The Irish rushed for a season-high 220 yards and outrushed the Sooners 220-212. Notre Dame has only lost three of the past 48 games in which it outrushed its opponent. 

Junior running back George Atkinson's 80-yard touchdown run was Notre Dame's longest run since Oct. 21, 2000 when Terrance Howard rushed 80 yards against West Virginia. The run was the longest of Atkinson's career, beating his previous record of 56 yards and is tied for the 15th longest run in Notre Dame history. Atkinson also notched a career high in rushing yards with 148, topping his previous record of 123 yards against Miami last season.  

Jones moves up program list

Senior receiver TJ Jones' touchdown reception in the first quarter was the 13th of his career and places him in 10th place on Notre Dame's all-time career touchdown reception list. The tri-captain finished the game with four receptions for 42 yards and leads the team with 25 receptions and 343 receiving yards on the season.

Contact Katie Heit at kheit@nd.edu