Notes: Shipp named Most Outstanding Offensive Player, Clark earns first title

Irish senior forward Harry Shipp was named Most Outstanding Offensive Player of the College Cup. The MAC Hermann Trophy finalist notched an assist in both the semifinal and the championship match.

Shipp was also one of five Irish players to earn a spot on the College Cup All-Tournament team. Senior center backs Andrew O'Malley and Grant Van de Casteele, junior midfielder Nick Besler and sophomore midfielder Patrick Hodan joined Shipp on the squad.

Irish soccer makes history

Notre Dame is the fourth school to win Division I men's and women's soccer national titles, joining North Carolina, Santa Clara and UCLA. The Irish women's program won national championships in 2010, 2004 and 1995.

Unbeaten streak

After losing its only game of the season Oct. 26 to Virginia, Notre Dame went 9-0-1. During the 10-game unbeaten stretch, the Irish outscored opponents 25-8 and only trailed for a total of 6:33. The Irish fell behind for 1:52 versus Wake Forest in the third round and 4:41 against the Terrapins on Sunday.

The 'Boss' earns first title

Irish head coach Bobby Clark won his first national championship in his 27th year as a collegiate head coach. Clark led Stanford to the College Cup final in 1998, but the Cardinal lost to Indiana, 3-1.

Clark made his 18th NCAA tournament appearance all-time and his 12th in 13 seasons at Notre Dame. In his career, Clark is now 24-15-3 in the NCAA tournament, including a 15-10-1 mark at Notre Dame.