Notre Dame to square off against old conference foe

The Irish will return to the pool and travel to Louisville, Ky., to take on Louisville on Saturday.

The Irish (6-4) take on former BIG EAST rival and future ACC opponent No. 13 Louisville.

The Irish head into the meet after defeating Northwestern (160-140) and Rutgers (206-94) and falling to Michigan (168-132) in a four-team dual meet Saturday. The Cardinals face the Irish after beating Houston (210-85) and Cincinnati (211-84) in a double dual meet the same day.

Notre Dame looks to junior Emma Reaney and senior Kelly Ryan to lead the squad in individual events again this weekend. Reaney won three individual events (100 breast, 200 breast and 100 fly) and one relay (400 free) Saturday. She was named ACC Women’s Swimmer of the Week for the fifth time this season after her performance.

Ryan and Reaney, paired with freshman Catherine Mulquin and sophomore Catherine Galleti, won the 400-relay (3:25.15) Saturday and will return to the water to test themselves against the Cardinals.

The Cardinals, who have yet to lose a dual meet this season, are led by sophomore Kelsi Worrell, who won the 400-medley relay, 200 fly and 100 free Saturday, as well as senior Krissie Brandenburg, who won the 400 medley relay and 50 free.

Notre Dame takes on Louisville on Saturday at Ralph Wright Natatorium in Louisville, Ky., at 11 a.m.