Happy birthday, "Brojo"

The greatest rector of all time turns 75 today, and we think all of Notre Dame should know about it.

Ever since our forefathers were exiled from the illustrious Flanner Hall in 1997, Brother Jerome Meyer has fearlessly led the Knott Hall Juggerknotts to glory. Brojo, as he is affectionately known throughout the hall, is a jack-of-all-trades, a Renaissance man if you will. Year after year, when we battle Siegfried Hall for the coveted Flanner Cup, Brother Jerome strolls into the dining hall sporting the latest in blaze orange, Knott Hall fashion and thoroughly dominates the rector of Siegfried in a match of arm wrestling. Not to be limited to purely physical prowess, Brother Jerome maintains an impressive repertoire of musical knowledge. At a recent hall government meeting, he informed us that he listens to 2 Chainz each night before bed.

When stress rises and temperatures fall during finals week each December, Brojo puts everyone at ease with a batch of world-famous Brojo Chili, announced by the requisite, “Cold today, chili tonight” email. Indeed, he is man of wit.

Brother Jerome’s greatest skill by a long shot is his genuine care for all the residents of our fine dormitory. For many Juggerknotts, Brother Jerome’s warm, jolly “Hullo!” encapsulates their time in Knott Hall. He is committed to creating a Christian community where all Juggerknotts can thrive. From the freshman struggling to find his place to the senior superstar, Brother Jerome truly loves every one of us. On behalf of the many Juggerknotts blessed to have lived under his guidance, happy 75th birthday to Brother Jerome!

Andrew Weiler President Knott Hall Feb. 21