Rashad Kinlaw dismissed from program
Mike Monaco | Friday, April 4, 2014
Sophomore cornerback Rashad Kinlaw has been dismissed from the football program, Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly said Friday morning.
Kelly said he does not know if Kinlaw is still a student at Notre Dame and Kelly added that he dismissed Kinlaw from the program.
UPDATE (12:26 p.m. Friday): Kinlaw is still enrolled at the University, per Notre Dame spokesman Dennis Brown.
“From my perspective, from a football standpoint, he didn’t live up to the rules within our football program, that I lay out within our football program,” Kelly said.
Kinlaw redshirted last season and often served as the scout-team quarterback. The Galloway, N.J., native played quarterback as a junior at Absegami High School and then quarterback and cornerback as a senior in 2012.
Kinlaw had been working as a back-up cornerback during spring practices, behind starters KeiVarae Russell and Cole Luke, among others. Defensive back Cody Riggs is set to join Notre Dame in June after graduating in May from Florida, where has logged 26 starts in the secondary. Cornerback Nick Watkins, a 2014 signee, is in line to join the program in the summer, as well.