Denbrock to miss start of preseason
Observer Sports Staff | Monday, August 4, 2014
Irish offensive coordinator/receivers coach Mike Denbrock will miss the beginning of Notre Dame’s preseason camp while recovering from surgery, head coach Brian Kelly said in a statement Sunday.
“Coach Denbrock had a recent surgical procedure that will force him to miss the first few weeks of preseason camp,” Kelly said in the statement. “Mike is doing extremely well, and everyone associated with the program looks forward to his return.”
Kelly will take over Denbrock’s duties on offense while Denbrock is out.
Neither Kelly nor Denbrock specified what type of surgery Denbrock had or gave an exact timetable for his absence.
“I had surgery last week,” Denbrock said in the statement. “I’m resting and feeling better every day, but I won’t be able to join the team for the beginning of preseason camp. Safe to say, I’m already chomping at the bit to get back with the guys.”
The Irish left the Notre Dame campus Sunday to begin their five-day training camp at Culver Military Academy in Culver, Ind. They open preseason practice Monday.