-

-

Football

Notre Dame, Texas A&M agree to series in 2024-2025

| Thursday, September 25, 2014

Jack SwarbrickObserver File Photo

Jack Swarbrick

Notre Dame and Texas A&M have agreed to a home-and-home series in 2024 and 2025, the University announced Thursday afternoon.

The teams will meet Aug. 31, 2024, in College Station, Texas, and Sept. 27, 2025, at Notre Dame Stadium.

“These two contests between Notre Dame and Texas A&M figure to be excellent intersectional attractions,” Irish Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick said in a press release. “We had set a goal of adding representation from the Southeastern Conference to our future schedules, and we’ve accomplished that with the addition of this series, as well as the one with Georgia.”

In June, Notre Dame announced a home-and-home series with Georgia scheduled for 2017 and 2019. At the time of the announcement, Swarbrick noted the importance of adding SEC opponents.

“We had future games slated with top-drawer opponents in virtually all the major conferences,” Swarbrick said in a statement at the time. “One exception was the Southeastern Conference, so we are pleased now to be able to check that box.”

Notre Dame and Texas A&M have met five times, most recently in 2001. Notre Dame, which leads the all-time series 3-2, last topped the Aggies in 2000.

Notre Dame’s previously scheduled matchups with Texas in 2019 and 2020 will not be played, Notre Dame confirmed to The Observer.

Tags: , , , , ,

About Mike Monaco

Senior Sports Writer Mike Monaco is a senior majoring in Film, Television and Theatre with a minor in Journalism, Ethics, and Democracy as well as Business Economics. The O’Neill Hall native hails from the Boston area and is an aspiring play-by-play broadcaster.

Contact Mike