Group votes on new resolution

The Student Senate met Wednesday evening to vote on Resolution SS1415-06. The resolution, which was passed unanimously, is an amendment to the Constitution of the Undergraduate Student Body requiring that Student Union organizations have a framework for a smooth transition process between the administrations.

The amendment also requires the organizations to submit a report to the Senate describing the written procedures, methods and policies by Feb. 1 each year.

“There is a slew of things to be learned between now and April 1, which is when most groups transition to the next leaders," student body president Lauren Vidal said.

The goal of the amendment is to allow student organizations to make more accurate recommendations to the student body and provide a smooth transition for the next administration.

The Senate also briefly touched on the issue of safety on campus, which has been an ongoing conversation for several months.

“We are working with NDSP to provide an information session about safety for off-campus students," Vidal said.

However, the group is still working to determine the best way to implement better safety standards.

Scott Moore, representative from Alumni Hall, gave an update from the committee of Academic Affairs. Moore brought attention to the difficulties that students face in transferring credits from summer programs at other schools.

One of the issues faced by students is that the process is lengthy and is not standardized by Notre Dame.

“We are working on creating a comprehensive database that will show which courses have been accepted for credit in the past,” Moore said.

The new changes should help students by shortening and streamlining the process of transferring credits.