Undefeated Otters, Gentlemen to meet

Sorin looks to ride the momentum from last week’s victory against Carroll in a rivalry showdown against St. Edward’s on Sunday at Riehle Fields.

The Otters (1-0) scraped by the Vermin last week in an 8-0 victory, and junior captain John Pearl said Sorin's offense is the focus for this week’s game.

“Our offense needs to do a better job at moving the chains,” Pearl said. “Our defense was great, and hopefully they can do the same this week.”

This will be the second game of the season for Sorin, but it faces a fellow unbeaten this week in St. Edward’s (1-0), who is coming off a 12-0 victory against Zahm.

In order to keep up with the Gentlemen, Pearl says that the Otters are going to have to go deeper on the depth chart defensively.

“We’re going to try to rotate more guys in at linebacker and defensive line to keep people fresh,” Pearl said.

Since this is only the second game of the season for both teams, scouting reports are not as strong as they are later in the season, and Pearl admitted he is not certain what his team will see from St. Edward’s this week.

“We’re not too sure what St. Ed’s runs, so we’re going to have to make in-game adjustments,” Pearl said. “The game plan is to stay disciplined and ride the momentum we gained from last week.”

The Gentleman and the Otters both look to stay undefeated when they kick off Sunday at 3:30 p.m. at Riehle Fields.