McGlinn to host signature Casino Night this Saturday

Students can put all their cards on the table this Saturday at McGlinn Hall's signature event, the McGlinn Casino Night.

The event will take place from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. in the LaFortune Ballroom. Student Activities Office (SAO) will provide food, according to the event's Facebook page.

Junior Evelyn Huang, who organized the event along with sophomore Emily Shira, said the money raised will benefit St. Adalbert Catholic School in South Bend.

St. Adalbert was chosen because of a sustained relationship between the school and the girls of McGlinn, who tutor in after-school programs at the school on weekdays.

Huang said the event will be action-packed and students will have the potential to win a plethora of prizes.

“After paying a $5 entrance fee, students are given a bag of paper money. They are then free to use this money to play unlimited rounds of blackjack and roulette," Huang said. "At the end of the night, they can trade in the money for raffle tickets. These raffle tickets can win them many different door prizes."

Huang said the event will also include a Texas Hold ‘Em poker tournament, open to the first 65 people who enter.

“The winner will get a $100 gift card to the bookstore, and second place will received a $50 gift card,” Huang said.

Huang said she got involved because of the multitude of benefits this particular event offered.

“I think that it is a really unique and fun way to raise money for a great cause and help our local community,” Huang said.

Although volunteers are not needed for the event, Huang said she hopes students from Notre Dame, Saint Mary's and Holy Cross participate.

Huang said she hopes for 400 guests, who would contribute an expected $2000 for charity.

“It is a great event for a great cause,” Huang said. “I am hoping to break a record for the money raised this year.”