SMC seniors write letters of gratitude

This spring, Saint Mary’s College seniors have the opportunity to write letters to people who influenced their time at the college.

The Senior Letter Project, spearheaded by senior class president Tori Wilbraham and senior vice president Lauren Osmanski, began as a way for members of the senior class to show gratitude to one another and to the Saint Mary’s community, Wilbraham said.

“Our hope is that the Saint Mary's community will take a few minutes to say thank you to one another for their presence and influence during their time at Saint Mary's,” Wilbraham said. “I think writing letters is such a beautiful way to preserve a feeling or relationship.”

Wilbraham said the Letter Project was a key part of her and Osmanski’s campaign for president and vice president of the senior class.

Wilbraham said a message was sent to all members of the senior class, with examples of possible people to write to, such as a lab partner or a roommate. The letters will be sorted and distributed by the senior class officers. The message also stated that letters should be submitted by Friday, April 24, 2015.

“[Students] may email a letter to smcletters@gmail.com with the [recipient’s] name in the subject line. During senior week, the letters will be handed out,” Wilbraham said.