All-American Rejects to play SUB spring concert

The Student Union Board (SUB) announced Sunday night that the All-American Rejects will perform at the Stepan Center on April 23.

According to Louis Bertolotti, executive director of SUB, the committee is excited to bring the band to campus for its annual Spring Concert.

“After receiving over 1,500 responses from the survey we sent out to the student body last month, we found that a clear plurality of nearly 30 percent wanted an alternative band as their first choice, and it was in the top two for about 50 percent of the student body,” Bertolotti said in an email. “A further 23 percent wanted a pop artist as their first choice, and another 13 percent wanted a rock artist.”

Bertolotti said he felt the All-American Rejects represented a mix of all of these options.

“They have sold over 10 million albums worldwide and have recorded a number of top hits,” Bertolotti said. “They released a new song in October of this past year and have begun recording a new album.”

The mission of SUB is to provide quality programming for all undergraduate students at the University and Colleges, according to Bertolotti.

“We are confident that the All-American Rejects will do this and put on a phenomenal show. After the great success of the Hunter Hayes concert last semester, we are looking forward to this exciting event,” he said.

Lead SUB programmer Shadmn Mihr said he also thought the band was a good fit for the student body’s requests.

“Polls conducted of the student body strongly spoke of a desire to return to a prominent band with several hits, and All-American Rejects fits that bill,” Mihr said in the press release.

Originally from Oklahoma, the All-American Rejects broke into the mainstream with hits like “Gives You Hell” and “Move Along.”

“We know this concert will be a success, and Notre Dame will be vibing all night long as they sing some of the most well-known songs of the last decade,” Mihr said.

Tickets will go on sale Monday at 7 a.m. for $20 in the LaFortune Student Center box office, according to the release. All Notre Dame, Saint Mary’s and Holy Cross students are eligible to buy tickets. Additionally, tickets will be sold at the door for $25.