College receives $2.5 million gift

Kristine Anderson Trustey, a class of 1986 alumna, donated $2.5 million to Saint Mary’s for various projects, according to a College press release.

“Kris’s tremendous gift reflects her transformative experience at Saint Mary’s and illustrates her confidence in the future of the College,” Saint Mary’s President Jan Cervelli said in the release. “That she would provide such forward-looking support to enhance the student experience speaks to her generosity and vision, of which Saint Mary’s women have long been beneficiaries.”

According to the release, Trustey’s donation will support construction costs for the Angela Athletic and Wellness Complex and will also establish the Kristine Anderson Trustey ’86 Wellness Program, which will be housed in the athletic facility.

$1.275 million of the gift will contribute to the College’s purchase of 40 acres of land currently owned by the Sisters of the Holy Cross. Trustey’s donation aims to inspire other donors to complete fundraising efforts for campus land expansion, according to the release.

“My Saint Mary’s experience helped form me into the person I am today,” Trustey said in the release. “Expanding the campus footprint through this strategic purchase of land means that Saint Mary’s can dream big for the benefit of future generations of young women. I hope others will join me by investing in this exciting opportunity for growth at our beloved College.”